Writing a Great Essay in Nursing
Post date: March 18, 2019
It goes without saying that nurses are valuable asset. Since they are available at work around the clock, they are very helpful for both doctors and patients, and ensure a smooth flow of work in the hospital. Apart from pills and injections, they give patients great moral support.
Have you decided to obtain a degree in Nursing? You should know that you will be required to do a considerable number of different assignments one of which is an essay in Nursing. It is necessary to admit that the papers you will be supposed to write in a nursing school differ from the ones which you have created before. However, you should not worry about the outcome, as we will explain you how to produce a good work no matter its type.
Steps to Producing a Solid Paper in Nursing
- Study the instructions. Once you get a task to write your essay, you should read the instructions carefully. Make sure you comprehend everything fully, as the result depends on it.
- Choose a topic. If you have not been assigned the subject by your professor, you will need to select it on your own. When choosing the theme, make certain there is enough data about it.
- Research the matter. In order to gather useful material for your paper, you may browse the Internet, go to the library, or use any of the available databases. Do not forget to write down both important data and the source it has been taken from.
- Produce an outline. If you want to be sure of creating a properly structured piece of writing, you need to prepare a detailed outline including all the points you are going to cover in your work. For example, before making a plan, you may compile a list of facets you would like to refer to when crafting your paper. It will help you write a coherent text.
- Write an introductory section. It has to provide a brief description of the matter in question. State sound reasons for examining your topic.
- Prepare a body section. The number of body paragraphs a common nursing essay usually consists of ranges from one to three. It depends on the subject. Each paragraph of your work may be devoted to one aspect of your topic.
- Create a conclusion. Here, you are supposed to summarize the points highlighted in the main body. Make sure not to provide any new details about the analyzed theme.
- Edit your essay. Once your work is written, read it to ensure it is comprehensible. Make certain the paragraphs of the text are connected with the help of appropriate transitions.
Additionally, check whether all formatting requirements are met and whether your paper does not include any errors.
How to Create Worthy Nursing Essays: Key Hints
- Write a paper in a simple language. In order to produce a fully comprehensible text, construct short sentences.
- Ensure there is enough time for preparing your essay. If you do not desire to fail your scholarly project, commence doing it once you get it. The best option is to plan a schedule. Thus, you will be sure of having enough time for collecting information, writing the text and editing it.
- Put forward powerful arguments (laws, opinions of professionals, etc.). Remember to cite the sources you are referring to in the course of writing. Keep in mind that the quotations and references have to be formatted in accordance with the rules of the applied formatting style.
- Note that your nursing essay is an academic work. Therefore, the established academic standards have to be met.
- Mind the type of paper. Follow professor’s directions precisely if you desire to get a high score.
- Theory and practice. You are required to provide both theoretical information and your practical experience in your work.
- Do extensive reading. Only in this case you will manage to build up a detailed picture of the matter in question.
- Gather firm evidence. By using the clinical data relating to your topic and the material from reliable scholarly sources, you will learn all the details about the subject.
- Apply your critical thinking and analytical skills. In this way, you will be able to make a thorough analysis of the issue.
Producing a Reflective Paper in Nursing: Peculiarities
Apart from common essays, you may need to create reflective ones. However, what is a reflective essay? It is a piece of writing presenting both your viewpoint on a specific subject and experience of dealing with that subject. While studying at the nursing school, there will be many cases when you will need to interact with patients and medical staff. Therefore, you will have enough material for your reflective essays.
What is the purpose of crafting reflective papers? Such writing projects help students get a better understanding of the hospital environment. Let us explain. When undertaking your placement program, you will not only see what challenges nurses face every day and how they cope with them. You will find yourself in different situations and learn to handle them. Perhaps, you will make mistakes. However, you should get upset, as only in this way, you will gain valuable experience and have an opportunity to become a qualified nurse. All the issues encountered during the placement period will need to be presented in your reflective essay. When writing about the problems you have faced, it will be easier for you to realize how to avoid them in the future when working as a nurse.
Top-notch reflective nursing essays should include the points indicated below:
Description: You are supposed to outline the issue, which you have faced when completing the placement program. Mind not to overlook any important details.
Emotions: Describe the feelings you have experienced during your practice.
Assessment: State what lessons you have drawn from your experience and restate the key points.
Analysis: Use the sources concentrated on your subject to find useful material about the issues you have faced.
Concluding part: Summarize your experience. Indicate the new items you have find out and explain what you would improve.
Course of action
Determine the skills you should acquire to avoid errors and unpleasant situations in the future.
Reflective essays are usually written in the first person. Their structure is similar to that of other academic papers meaning they consist of an opening section, main body, and a concluding unit. The main peculiarity of this type of papers is that they have to be focused on your personal experience and development.
Picking a Topic for Nursing Papers
You have already understood that you will need to write different kinds of academic papers while studying at a nursing school. When doing your writing projects, you may be given the topics which you will need to explore. However, in some cases, you will be required to select a topic on your own. Remember to pick the one, which you consider engaging.
Thus, what is the algorithm of selecting a topic for nursing essays? If you do not have a clue about what subject to create your paper on, have a look at the themes you have already studied. Then, start browsing the Internet resources. Once you see the topic, you would like to examine, write it down and begin conducting research to see whether there is enough information about it.
- Determine the target audience. In most cases, it is your professor.
- Specify the most appropriate topics for your paper. You may choose either the one you are good at or an absolutely new topic.
- Consider the issue you desire to concentrate on. What aspect of the topic do you desire to highlight in your work?
- Explain why it is significant to investigate the chosen matter.
- Think how to present information in the most suitable way. For instance, you may compare the chosen issue with another item of the same class; make analysis of it, etc.
You should not worry if it is hard for you to choose the right topic. Our professional experts are always ready to assist you in picking a unique theme. In this article, we have tried to highlight the most important points relating to nursing writing so that you can clearly understand what to expect from the projects assigned by your professor. We believe that you will find the tips provided above helpful in crafting an impeccable essay in nursing deserving an excellent grade.